Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 9:15PM
- Tractor maximum length must not exceed 135 inches from center of rear axle to furthest point of weights or weight bracket.
- Tractors must use stock style sheet metal but may be of different manufacturer and can be lenghtened., but radiator must be mounted behind grille and in front of engine. Mechanical radiator fans not allowed.
- Tractors must have wide front axles. Front tires must track within rear tires. Wheel base not to exceed 115 inches wide.
- Frame rails can be remade wider for engine clearance, but not to exceed 30 inches outside width.
- Engines to be automotive cast type, maximum cubic inch limit of 473 with one four barrel carburator. No aluminum blocks or heads. Automotive diesel engines allowed - Must have a mechanical injection pump. One turbo allowed - T04 or equivalent. Turbo inlet on diesel engine limited to 2.3. All air is to be pulled thru inlet-no rings
- Fuel to be gasoline only - No alcohol allowed. diesel fuel only for diesel engines.
- Engines to be connected directly to tractors transmission. No automatic or manual transmission to be used to connect the engine to the tractor transmission.
- Automotive single or dual disc clutches only. No slipper clutches allowed.
- Steel blow-proof bellhousings with block saver plate required.
- Any exposed u-joints must be shielded 360 degrees with 5/16 steel or 3/8 aluminum.
- Tire size to be maximum of 18.4-38 and must have matching tread design. No exceptions.
- Wheelie bars mandatory - specifications are:
- Pads on bottom of bars to be a minimum of 5" square and a maximum of 10" off the ground.
- Pads to be a minimum of 32" rearward from the center of the rearend housing.
- Outside to outside length of pads to be a minimum of 20"
- Minimum 12" high bumper bars - The top to be fastened to wheelie bar framing.
- Bars must support weight of tractor (6000 lbs).
- Front skid plates mandatory. Example below.
- Exhaust must discharge vertically.
- Tractors must have deadman throttle with automatic idle return. Throttle must work in a forward/reverse motion with idle being in backward position.
- Tractors must have ignition kill switch mounted on rear and center of tractor 40" off ground. Diesel engines must have fuel and air shutoff.
- Tractor must have working rear wheel brakes.
- Tractor must have rear fenders strong enough to support weight of driver and be higher than tallest point of tires.
- Hitches to be solid in all directions, point of hook to be no less than 18" from center of rear axle. Maximum of 20" off and parallel to ground and must be anchored to the tractor frame with a 5/8" or larger pin. Hitch must be horizontal - Not vertical.
- Harmonic damper must be SFI or equivalent or be shielded 360 degrees with 1/8" steel of 3/8" aluminum.
- All drivers must wear a fire suit and helmet with face shield or safety glasses while pulling.
- Driver must be at least 16 years of age. A qualified driver must be in the operators seat anytime the engine is running.
- Vehicle must have a rollover protection bar or cage that is at least as high as the top of the drivers head/helmet. Rollover protection must be fastened at least two points to the rear axle housing. Factory style flip down tops allowed.Rollover protection must be able to lift one rear wheel when pulled horizontally from the top of the bar/cage without damage to the rollbar/cage.
- Rear steel hubs to axle are highly recommended. Any new tractor being built must have steel hubs.
- Fire extinguisher is required - To be mounted on the tractor.
For Copy of Skid Bar set up: Click Here